10 Things I Learned This Year At Philly Trans Health Conference:
- There’s a lot of ableism in the way I habitually speak and I need to spend some real time working on that.
- There are a remarkable number of different ways to spell “Aiden.”
- There are so many trans Jewish converts out there I’m surprised we didn’t get our own section in the PEW report.
- It turns out I like the way I look in a bathing suit.
- Sometimes the familiar is more scary than the unknown. (Thanks Hannah)
- People on the autism spectrum always have the best toys.
- As Janet Mock said with so much more eloquence, self care is great and all, but we’ve really got to take care of each other.
- Apparently I missed out on some great fan fiction during the 90’s.
- Convention center staff can be summoned merely by uttering their True Name.
- My name in ASL from now on is apparently this: